TL;DR - What’s in the Event & Key Changes to the Event Structure:
- Limited Time Mode - Shadowfall
- Featuring a nighttime version of Kings Canyon
- Exclusive event challenges with free earnable cosmetics, including Two Legendary Weapon Skins
- 24 Event Limited premium cosmetics that players can now unlock in one of three ways:
- Direct purchase for Apex Coins
- Direct unlock with Crafting Metals
- Random unlock with Event Apex Packs
- Additionally, the Event Currency in these packs has been replaced with non-event loot drops, yielding more loot overall
- Lifeline Heirloom Set Preview
- Unlock all 24 Fight or Fright pack cosmetics during the event and unlock the Lifeline Heirloom set for free
- Double XP for Top 5 & Wins Weekend
Experience Kings Canyon at Night in an All-New Limited Time Mode - Shadowfall
Darkness descends on Kings Canyon in Shadowfall, a warped version of the Apex games hosted by a mysterious figure.
At the start of a match, you and 34 other solo players will drop into an eerily-lit Kings Canyon and fight to the death… with a dark twist. Once you die you will respawn as an undead version of your Legend and join the powerful “Shadow Squad”.
As part of the Shadow Squad, you will lose your ability to use weapons and your legend abilities will be stripped, but in return, you will be given increased movement and jump speed, along with a brutal melee attack. You’ll also have the ability to scale walls and be given unlimited respawns via skydive.
The battle rages until there are only ten living Legends left, who must then join forces and make it to an evac ship while the Shadow Squad attempts to stop them at all costs.
Complete Event Challenges for Exclusive Fight or Fright Cosmetics, including Two Legendary Weapon Skins
During Fight or Fright, complete a variety of challenges to earn free exclusive skins, badges and music packs.
Event Limited Premium Cosmetics
The Fight or Fright Collection Event brings another set of 24 themed, limited-time cosmetics to Apex. We strive to give players choice in how they can obtain in-game cosmetics, so for this Event we've updated the ways players can unlock these premium Collection Event cosmetics.
All 24 Event-Exclusive Fight or Fright Collection Event items will be available, from day 1, via direct purchase, crafting, and Event Apex Packs.
- Direct Purchase
Event Apex Packs
- 700 Apex Coins
We've also removed event currency from the Event Apex Packs and have replaced it with additional loot. This means that players will get more total items in each Event Apex Pack. There are also zero duplicates in these packs. To get further into that spooky spirit, each Fight or Fright Collection Character Skin will also come with 2 themed quips.
Double Top 5 & Wins XP weekend
From 10am PST on October 25 through 10am PST on October 28 players will earn double XP for Top 5’s and Wins all weekend long. This bonus will affect both Account Level and Battle Pass progression.
Read more on: https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/news/fight-or-fright-collection-event